Conn Co 775, Shore Line Trolley Museum, Branford, Connecticut
The Shore Line Trolley Museum was born on the shores of the Farm River, separating East Haven, CT and Branford, CT. Years of flooding had constantly caused problems with restoration, and funding was arranged for the bulk of the museum to be stored indoors on higher ground by constructing a pair fo new new buildings. On November 8, 2014, Connecticut Company Car 775 (Jewett Co., 1904) would be the first car to enter the new barn at a ribbon cutting ceremony held that day. Since then, a number of cars have been moved into this barn, storage tracks have been completed, and overhead wire has been installed. A combination of donations and grants helped achieve this goal, and the work is perpetual to maintain the large collection of rapid transit vehicles for this and future generations.